Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding Third Edition
Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding provides the tools needed for medical professionals to confidently transition from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM. It clarifies the new diagnosis codes in detail to assist in making correct ICD-10-CM coding choices. Examples of real-life chart notes are included.
The third edition of Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding helps health care professionals learn how to make correct decisions when selecting diagnosis codes using the new system. It is written for all skill levels—from basic to advanced—and appropriate for self-learners and the classroom. This educational tool helps professionals:
- Understand the purpose of ICD-10-CM and its relationship to the reimbursement process
- Understand and apply coding conventions when assigning codes
- Interpret basic coding guidelines for outpatient care
- Assign ICD-10-CM codes to the highest level of specificity
- Properly sequence ICD-10-CM codes
Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding, third edition, is a best-selling training tool that assists in ICD-10-CM education for medical professionals who need to learn more about ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding.
- Updated code set: Updated and revised using the 2014 ICD-10-CM code set
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM: Contains conventions and terminology used in the ICD-10-CM coding system
- Chapters organized by codebook section: Allows the reader to follow along with the ICD-10-CM codebook
- Real-life chart notes: Code directly from real-life chart notes from medical records using the ICD-10-CM diagnosis coding system
- ICD-10-CM guidelines for coding: Leads readers through each of the ICD-10-CM sections by reviewing and analyzing the guidelines
- Chapter checkpoint exercises: Tests readers' knowledge of ICD-10-CM coding