Nursing 2017 Drug Handbook
The best-selling drug guide for nurses & other clinicians. Always dependable, always up to date!
Monographs are consistently formatted for ease of use and focus on the practical information that nurses need. Each monograph consists of generic and trade names, pronunciation key, pregnancy risk category, pharmacologic class, controlled substance schedule (if applicable), available forms, indications and dosages, administration (with drug incompatibities for I.V. drugs), action (including tables showing route, onset, peak, duration, and half-life), adverse reactions, interactions, effects on lab test results, contraindications, nursing considerations, and patient teaching.
You can also count on Nursing 2017 Drug Handbook to tell you unapproved, off-label drug uses so you’ll always know why a drug is prescribed. And, this year, be a more confident nurse with fingertip access to 49 NEW FDA-approved drugs.
Look for these outstanding features:
- Completely updated nursing-focused drug monographs featuring over 3,500 generic, brand-name, and combination drugs in an easy A-to-Z format 49 brand-new FDA-approved drugs in this edition—with 36 new comprehensive drug monographs, alphabetized and conveniently grouped in a handy “new drugs” section
- Over 6,000 clinical updates—new dosages and indications, Black Box warnings, adverse reactions, nursing considerations, clinical alerts, and patient teaching information
- NEW “pregnancy-lactation-reproduction” heading and “dialyzable drug” logo in each drug monograph
- NEW appendices covering Antidiarrheals and OTC drugs
- Special attention to drug safety issues and concerns (U.S. and Canada)
- Over 455 Photoguide images of the most popular tablets and capsules
Plus FREE companion Toolkit available online through NDHnow.com
- Monthly FDA updates on new drugs, indications, and warnings
- Pharmacology videos, audio pronunciation guide, and English-Spanish translator
- Equianalgesic dosing guidelines for opioid drugs
- Mechanisms and sites of action graphics for selected drugs
- NCLEX®-style questions, free CE tests, plus bonus discounts…and more!