Medical Orthopedics Conservative Management of Musculoskeletal Impairments
A practical primer to help recognize abnormal function and effectively treat orthopaedic problems that respond to non-surgical intervention.
Medical Orthopedics provides an important primer to help medical clinicians provide accurate diagnoses of orthopedic problems and outline appropriate treatments and therapies. This thorough guide lays the groundwork for understanding how impaired function is clinically diagnosed and managed.
Medical Orthopedics features:
- Helps clinicians recognize and effectively treat problems that respond to non-surgical interventions
- Contains thirteen chapters which encompass every aspect of the musculoskeletal system including impairments for all joints and the spine
- Outlines a systematic approach to conservative orthopedic management
- Addresses the impairments encountered most frequently in primary care practice
- Discusses how to improve function for specific problems while decreasing pain and impairment
- Contains more than 90 visual aids and clear illustrations
- Devotes two chapters to pain including reflex sympathetic dystrophy, an area often neglected in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal impairments