Master the AMA Guides 5th: A Medical and Legal Transition to Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment
Master the AMA Guides Fifth provides an overview of how to apply the Fifth Edition in practical terms and includes valuable tips and case studies that discuss the medical and legal implications of using the Fifth Edition. This guides helps you move smoothly to the new changes in evaluating and rating impairment.
Master the AMA Guides Fifth is the indispensable companion to the Guides Fifth. You can make the change to the Guides Fifth with complete ease and confidence. Master the Guides gives you a thorough assessment of how theFifth Edition will change the way physicians evaluate impairment, including its implications for the legal, regulatory and reimbursement systems. It is designed for the full spectrum of disability professionals including physicians, lawyers, and public policymakers.
All the Tools, Guidance and Information You Need to Transition to AMA Guides Fifth
Written by seasoned medical and legal experts, Master the AMA Guides Fifthoffers a complete and easy-to-follow pathway to understanding the new processes for impairment evaluation and ratings detailed in the Guides Fifth.
Makes Your Transition to Guides Fifth Easier With Master the Guides Fifth
- Discussions of the implications of the use of the Guides in medical practice, legal and regulatory arenas
- Summary and analysis of the most important tips and methods in each chapter
- Valuable comparisons with the Fourth Edition
- Appendixes which discuss causation determination and analyze each state's workers' compensation statute and use of the AMA Guides
Master the AMA Guides Fifth can help you make the transition quickly and accurately with highlights, summaries and analysis of Key Points and Changes in each chapter. Divided into two basic sections, Part 1 of Master the Guides Fifth offers a comprehensive chapter-by-chapter comparison of the content changes between editions. Part 2 focuses on practical applications like records and reporting.
- Table-by-table comparison of changes between fourth and fifth editions
- Detailed analysis of complicated cases not addressed in Guides
- Clarification of complex chapters, such as The Spine
- State-by-state analysis of different interpretations of the Guides
- Medical and legal tips for applying the Guides within your practice
- Determining causation from a medical and legal perspective
- Greater guidance regarding the assessment and use of the pain chapter
- Clarification of some difficult conditions, such as carpal tunnel syndrome and reflex sympathetic disorder