ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2018 Edition, 1st Edition
With ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding: Theory and Practice, 2018 Edition, you will learn facility-based coding by actually working with codes. This comprehensive guide provides an in-depth understanding of inpatient diagnosis and procedure coding if you're just learning to code, or are an experienced professional who needs to solidify and expand your knowledge. It combines basic coding principles, clear examples, plenty of challenging exercises, and the ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting to ensure accuracy using the latest codes. From leading medical coding authority and AHIMA-approved ICD-10 Trainer Karla Lovaasen, this expert resource offers all a well-rounded understanding of the necessity and functions of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding.New to this Edition
- NEW! Zika virus coverage, NIHSS codes, and coding tips ensure you're learning the most up-to-date coding information.
- UPDATED The latest ICD-10 codes and coding guidelines revisions ensure that you have the most up-to-date information available.
- UPDATED Coding Medical and Surgical Procedures chapter includes enhanced coverage and revised information.
- UPDATED! codes for Pancreatitis, Diabetic Retinopathy, Fractures, GIST Tumors, Hypertension and Myocardial Infarctions.
- ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provide fast, easy access instruction on proper application of codes.
- 30-day access to TruCode® encoder on the Evolve companion website provides you with realistic practice with using an encoder.
- Coverage of both common and complex procedures prepares you for inpatient procedural coding using ICD-10-PCS.
- Illustrations and examples of key diseases help in understanding how commonly encountered conditions relate to ICD-10-CM coding.
- Coding examples and exercises let you apply concepts and practice coding with ICD-10-CM/PCS codes.
- Illustrated, full-color design emphasizes important content such as anatomy and physiology and visually reinforces key concepts.
- Coverage of medical records provides a context for coding and familiarizes you with documents you will encounter on the job.
- Coverage of common medications promotes coding accuracy by introducing medication names commonly encountered in medical records.
By Karla R. Lovaasen, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM Trainer Coding and Consulting Services Abingdon, Maryland