ICD-10-CM 2018 The Complete Official Codebook
ICD-10-CM 2018: The Complete Official Codebook presents the complete code set—21 chapters—within a tabular list of diseases and injuries.
New for 2018
- HCC risk adjustment symbol — Identifies those diagnoses in the tabular list associated with CMS hierarchical condition categories (HCCs)
- Appendix on risk adjustment coding and reporting requirements — supplies the details needed for HCC coding
- List of deleted codes — compiles all codes removed from the ICD-10CM code set since publication of the 2017 edition
ICD-10-CM 2018 provides the complete code set for diagnostic coding. All 21 chapters have been organized to provide quick and simple navigation of the text in order to facilitate accurate diagnostic coding.
The ICD-10-CM codebook contains indexes to diseases, injuries and external causes. Other valuable features include:
- Updated codes! Content updates reflect the 2018 ICD-10 addendum
- Illustrations and definitions in the tabular section highlight key components of the disease process or injury.
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM/PCS citations provide reference information regarding official ICD-10-CM/PCS coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes
- The inclusion of Following references in the index indicates the location of codes that fall out of sequence in the tabular list
- The inclusion of Check Additional Character symbol in the index previously found only in the tabular list, alerts you to fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh character requirements
- ICD-10-CM conventions and official guidelines educate you on appropriate and consistent coding
- Coding Guideline explanations and examples at the start of each chapter provide more detailed explanation and examples of code application
- Color coding alerts you to additional character requirements, instructional notes, and Medicare Code Edits
- Indexes to diseases and injuries and to external causes make navigation of the code set quicker
- Table of Drugs and Chemicals provides an easy-to-read list of substances and the codes they relate to when it comes to poisoning, adverse effects, and underdosing
- Neoplasm Table aids in the accurate coding of neoplasms by anatomical site and nature or the neoplasm
- Supplementary appendixes offer more detail on the 10 steps to correct coding, three-character codes and Z codes