CPT Coding Essentials for Ophthalmology 2018
Available for Pre-order - Shipping on December 2017
A team of veteran clinical technical editors and certified medical coders review clinical journals and data (from sources like Mayo Clinic, the CDC, and payers) and analyze trends in claims data to create this comprehensive resource.
SAVE TIME AND MONEY!
Details about a single CPT code or code family that might otherwise be found in multiple resources are now available to you in one or two quick-view pages.
The perfect codebook companion for your specialty practice!
CPT® Coding Essentials for Ophthalmology 2018 allows you to access useful, definitive, specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided in a full procedural codebook. It supports decision-making for compliant code selection with contextually relevant billing/coverage rules and tips. And it helps to reduce denials and requests for additional documentation.
- A subset of specialty-specific CPT codes chosen by experts who take into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity
- Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any competitor's specialty codebooks
- Official code-specific CPT parenthetical instructions
- Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT code
- CPT® Assistant citations
- Procedural illustrations
- Crosswalks from CPT to ICD-10-CM
- National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
- CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
- Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice, malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
- Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
- Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines