CPT 2018 Standard Edition
The CPT® 2018 Standard Codebook helps professionals remain compliant with annual Current Procedural Terminology code set changes. This is the AMA's official coding resource for procedural coding, rules and guidelines, which can help readers perform accurate claims submissions.
The CPT® Standard codebook contains the the latest codes, plus the official coding rules and guidelines developed by the CPT® Editorial Panel to help coding professionals submit accurate procedural claims.
New for 2018
- New modifiers added to Appendix A
- Editorial revision of the code ranges located in reference parenthetical notes for resequenced codes to provide more succinct ranges
- The addition of proprietary laboratory analyses (PLA) codes (located at the end of the Pathology/Laboratory section)
The CPT® Standard codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes. It features the following enhancements:
- A comprehensive and updated index — helps you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation
- Anatomical illustrations — aid coders in understanding the anatomy mentioned with the codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides a quick reference to 2018 changes without having to refer to previous editions
- Multiple appendixes — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, multianalyte assays, vascular families and telemedicine services