CPT 2018 Professional Edition
Available for Pre-order - Shipping on September 2017
CPT® 2018 Professional Edition is the definitive AMA authored resource to help health care professionals correctly report and bill medical procedures and services. The AMA publishes the only CPT® codebook with the official CPT guidelines.
New for 2018
- New modifiers added to Appendix A
- Editorial revision of the code ranges located in reference parenthetical notes for resequenced codes to provide more succinct ranges
- The addition of proprietary laboratory analyses (PLA) codes (located at the end of the Pathology/Laboratory section)
- An update of all procedural illustrations from spot color to full color
- More detailed section titles and section labeling to improve code look up
The official CPT® guidelines at your fingertips
Correct reporting and billing of medical procedures and services begins with CPT® 2018 Professional Edition.
Only the AMA, with the help of physicians and other experts in the health care community, creates and maintains the CPT® code set. No other publisher can claim that. No other codebook can provide you the official guidelines to code medical services and procedures properly.
The CPT® 2018 Professional Edition Codebook covers hundreds of code, guideline and text changes. It features the following enhancements:
- Updated! CPT® Changes, CPT® Assistant, and Clinical Examples in Radiology citations — provides cross-referenced information in popular AMA resources that can enhance your understanding of the CPT code set
- A comprehensive index — aids you in locating codes related to a specific procedure, service, anatomic site, condition, synonym, eponym or abbreviation to allow for a clearer, quicker search
- Anatomical and procedural illustrations — help improve coding accuracy and understanding of the anatomy and procedures being discussed
- Coding tips throughout each section — improve your understanding of the nuances of the code set
- Enhanced codebook table of contents — allows users to perform a quick search of the codebook’s entire content without being in a specific section
- Section-specific table of contents — provides users with a tool to navigate more effectively through each section’s codes
- Summary of additions, deletions and revisions — provides a quick reference to 2018 changes without having to refer to previous editions
- Multiple appendices — offer quick reference to additional information and resources that cover such topics as modifiers, clinical examples, add-on codes, multianalyte assays, vascular families and telemedicine services
- 18 comprehensive E/M code selection tables — aid physicians and coders in assigning the most appropriate evaluation and management codes
- Adhesive section tabs — allow you to flag those sections and pages most relevant to your work