Advanced Anatomy and Physiology for ICD-10-CM/PCS 2016
The 2016 edition of Advanced Anatomy and Physiology for ICD-10-CM/PCS presents the new ICD-10-CM and PCS systems, identifies differences and provides training on anatomy, medical terminology, body systems, ICD-10 disease processes and documentation requirements.
Advanced Anatomy and Physiology for ICD-10-CM/PCS guides medical coders through all body systems associated with ICD-10, while extending detailed information on how ICD-10-CM and -PCS systems are utilized to identify the appropriate diagnosis and condition.
Apply the New ICD-10 Code as It Relates to Anatomy and Physiology
This book provides professionals with general guidelines and coding conventions for both ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS coding systems. WithAdvanced Anatomy and Physiology for ICD-10-CM/PCS, readers will also:
- Establish a solid foundation in basic human anatomy and physiology
- Get in-depth training on cell function, tissues, organs and body systems and their roles in maintaining homeostasis and health
- Learn the relationships between anatomy, physiology and code capture in diagnosis and procedure coding
- Address the new anatomical and physiological documentation requirements for code capture in ICD-10
Content is organised into two sections:
- Provides general guidelines and coding conventions for both ICD-10-CM and ICD-9-CM coding systems, with side-by-side comparison charts to help identify the similarities and differences.
- Provides an overview of ICD-10-PCS codes used for the procedural component of inpatient coding.
Learn Advanced Anatomy and Physiology to Aid in ICD-10 Documentation Requirements
With an increased number of codes and enhanced code specificity, the new ICD-10 code set requires greater accuracy and understanding of human anatomy and physiology to code appropriately. Thus, this guide provides practical features to aid in learning:
- Side-by-side comparisons quickly identify similarities and differences between ICD-10-CM and ICD-9-CM
- A comprehensive overview covers ICD-10-PCS codes used for the procedural component of inpatient coding
- Detailed, full-page anatomical illustrations provide clarity to interpret clinical notes, allowing for greater specificity in coding
- Chapter quizzes test knowledge and deliver greater understanding of chapter content
- An extensive table of contents provide detailed listing of every chapter, section, table and illustration, enabling simpler navigation through the text