2017 ICD-10-CM Standard Edition, 1st Edition
Select diagnosis codes accurately with Carol J. Buck's 2017 ICD-10-CM: Standard Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this practical manual includes all the ICD-10 codes needed for basic outpatient and physician office coding. As coders need more extensive knowledge to code with ICD-10-CM - and to choose from the thousands of possible codes - this edition provides an essential background in A&P, pathology, and medical terminology, along with colorful Netter's Anatomy illustrations and clear instructions for using the book. Together, these features make diagnosis coding faster and easier. Also included is a companion website with the latest coding news and updates!
New to this Edition
- Updated 2017 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10 codes needed for diagnosis coding.
- NEW! Enhanced Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting are listed in full in the Introduction, at the beginning of each chapter and integrated within the code set, providing easier reference to coding rules when they are needed most.
- NEW! Updated design better differentiates between Os and 0s.
- NEW! Netter's Anatomy art symbol is included in the Tabular List, making it easier to look up and understand anatomy.
- NEW images show difficult coding concepts.
- Convenient Guide to the Updates in the front of the book lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the coding changes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full and also integrated within the code set, providing fast, easy access to coding rules.
- Unique! Full-color Netter's Anatomy art is included in a separate section for easy reference and cross-referenced within the Tabular List of Diseases and Injuries, to help you understand anatomy and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Consistent color-coded symbols and text provide easier access to codes and coding information.
- 175 illustrations provide visual orientation and enhance understanding of specific coding situations.
- Items are included throughout the Tabular List to ensure accurate coding, providing additional information on common diseases and conditions.
- Additional elements within specific codes define terms and add coding instructions relating to difficult terminology, diseases and conditions, or coding in a specific category.
- Symbols and highlights draw attention to codes that may require special consideration before coding, including:
- New, Revised, and Deleted
- Codes that call for the use of additional character(s)
- Includes, Excludes 1 and Excludes 2
- Use Additional
- Code First and Code Also
- Placeholder X symbol reminds you to assign placeholder X for codes less than 6 characters that require a 7th character.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes the latest changes to the ICD coding system.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN