2016 ICD-10-CM Codebook
ICD-10-CM 2016: The Complete Official Codebook presents the complete code set—21 chapters—within a tabular list of diseases and injuries.
This codebook provides the complete code set for diagnostic coding. All 21 chapters have been organized to provide quick and simple navigation of the text in order to facilitate accurate diagnostic coding.
New for 2016!
- Coding guideline explanations and examples — start each chapter and provide more detailed explanation and examples of code application
- The addition of supplementary appendixes — offers more detail on topics such as 10 steps to correct coding; valid three-character codes; Z codes that can only be used for principal diagnosis; and muscle origin, insertion and action relationships for improved coding
The ICD-10-CM codebook contains indexes to diseases, injuries and external causes. Other valuable features include:
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM/PCScitations provide reference information regarding official ICD-10-CM/PCS coding advice that will enhance your understanding of specific codes
- The inclusion of Following references in the index indicates the location of codes that fall out of sequence in the tabular list
- The inclusion of Check Additional Character symbol in the indexpreviously found only in the tabular list, alerts you to fourth, fifth, sixth, and seventh character requirements
- ICD-10-CM conventions and official guidelines educate you on appropriate and consistent coding
- Color coding alerts you to additional character requirements, instructional notes, and Medicare Code Edits
- Indexes to diseases and injuries and to external causes make navigation of the code set quicker
- Table of Drugs and Chemicals provides an easy-to-read list of substances and the codes they relate to when it comes to poisoning, adverse effects, and underdosing
- Neoplasm Table aids in the accurate coding of neoplasms by anatomical site and nature or the neoplasm