2017 ICD-10-PCS Professional Edition, 1st Edition
Select and build procedure codes accurately with Carol J. Buck's 2017 ICD-10-PCS: Professional Edition. Designed by coders for coders, this full-color manual includes all the ICD-10-PCS codes needed for today's inpatient procedure coding. As coders need more extensive knowledge to work with ICD-10-PCS - and to choose from the thousands of possible codes - this edition provides colorful Netter's Anatomyillustrations and tables organized to help you choose and build procedure codes. Together with the durable spiral binding, these features make professional coding faster and easier. Also included is a companion website with the latest coding news and updates!New to this Edition
- UPDATED 2017 Official Code set reflects the latest ICD-10-PCS codes needed for procedure coding.
- NEW! Enhanced Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting provide easier reference to coding rules when they are needed most.
- NEW! Updated design better differentiates between Os and 0s.
- NEW! Combinations symbol identifies procedures that can affect MS-DRG assignment.
- NEW! Procedure Combination Table lists each procedure cluster and DRG.
- NEW! Highlight for Non-Operating Room Procedures identifies procedures that do and do not affect MS-DRG assignment.
- Convenient Guide to the Updates lists all new, revised, and deleted codes, providing at-a-glance lookup of the annual coding changes.
- Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting (OGCRs) are listed in full for fast, easy access to coding rules.
- Unique! Full-color Netter's Anatomy art is included in the front of the book to help you understand complex anatomic information and how it may affect choosing codes.
- Full-color design includes consistent color-coded symbols and text, providing easier access to codes and coding information.
- American Hospital Association's Coding Clinic® citations include official ICD-10-PCS coding advice relating to specific codes and their usage.
- Symbols for Noncovered and Limited Coverage procedures indicate related material outlined in the Definitions of Medicare Code Edits, v32.
- Hospital Acquired Condition symbol notes procedures related to HACs as outlined in the MS-DRG v32.
- Sex edits from the Definition of Medicare Code Edits denote codes that are used only with patients of a specific sex.
- Codingupdates.com companion website includes the latest changes to the ICD coding system.
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CCS-P, Former Program Director, Medical Secretarial Programs, Northwest Technical College, East Grand Forks, MN